vendredi 3 juillet 2009

Ambassador, un Classique ! Classic Ambassador!

This one is not abandoned... maybe not so new...
Apparently this Indian car, "Ambassador", would come from a copy of the Hillman car from the 1950's, and since then has not changed much (still being produced I reckon). Classic, elegant, certainly not modern, but unique and that's India!
Connaught place area, New Delhi

9 commentaires:

jeff a dit…

Quelle photographie loulou ! ! ! La teinte de ta photo est vraiment merveilleuse ! Tu nous fait faire un bond dans l'histoire ! Et puis, quelle lumière ! Je connaissais tes talents de photographes...! Ce cliché confirme la qualité de ton travail...
Je me laisse aller à une douce rêverie à la vue de cette voiture sortie d'un autre temps !... Bien que ce soit un "classique"... quelle classe !

Amitiés Loulou ! Ciao bella... ;)

PS : Toujours en vacance ! Ahlala...

Lynne with an e a dit…

Looks like this old girl can still shake and shimmy with the best of them: there's life in her yet. Built like a tank but with class. I like the warm sepia tones you opted for.

JL LEAL a dit…

Muy buena, y el tono de la foto estupendo!

Batteson.Ind a dit…

love this photo!.. and what a cool car!

SP a dit…

Lovely stuff, Loulou! It always make me smile when I post a pic and then find that somebody else has been photographing something similar at the same time in a far flung corner of the globe - if you get chance, check out the chevy van that I posted the other day... I'm no car fanatic but I love the stylishness of these old wheels.

Owen a dit…

Ahhh Loulou, you know I can't resist such a photo ! I love it... ! :-D

Like Jeff said, absolutely, the sepia, the patchwork light, the gorgeous curves of the car, it's Romance with a capital R, I want to know who drives it today, who drove it over the years, the adventures it's had, the babies that were conceived in it, the babies that were born in it on the way to the hospital, the fights, the dogs that barked at it, the dogs that got run over by it, the other pictures that have been take of it, when it was new and gleaming... yes, everything !

Beautiful job !

If you'd like to see another fun old car, this one in a junkyard, please click on the link in my blog list to "More Canterbury Tales", and go down one post...

Cheers Loulou !!!

Babzy.B a dit…

Comme le sepia lui va bien !

Sake a dit…

this sepia make a dream from this photo.

garri a dit…

me encanto tu blog